Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mara Jade Star Wars: Expanded Universe Custom Action Figure Art #2

It's no secret that I love the Star Wars character Mara Jade. She's a tough as nails spitfire with a noble heart. So when I took a commission to make another custom figure of her, I decided that I was going to perfect her.
Photobucket
I found some new reference for inspiration and got to work!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Don't you just love Adam Hughes Star Wars work?
Photobucket
While the differences between the mass released, orange haired, purple suited, bad face-painted, comic pack Mara Jade and this one are quite dramatic, the differences between this one and my original are subtle.
Photobucket
I sculpted some extra "stray hairs" to give her bangs some drama, dyed her bodysuit black, repainted everything else, and then detailed the heck out of her with more painting, washes, and glosses in just the right places.
Photobucket
I sewed her trademark gray short cape but this time I designed it so that it could fully cover her shoulders should she need to "blend-in with the locals."
Photobucket
Until trouble strikes! Then it's quick-draw, "BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I hope you dig her. If you do, leave a comment, "follow me" using the links on the right, or contact me for a commission. Until next time, I remain "The Insidious One."

2 comments:

  1. He has been super into Star wars comics, the clone wars, and really into Rex.swtor credits
    swtor credits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this one is awesome!!!! I am a big MJ fan as well and I love the head you created here, I have the original one with the ugly face and orange hair and after looking at these pics a tear formed in my eye...brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Share your thoughts!