Friday, August 27, 2010

Juno Eclipse (Tank Top) From Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Custom Action Figure Art


After I posted my latest Juno Eclipse, I realized that I created two other Junos whose pictures I haven't shared on the blog. Today's Friday Flashback remedies the situation.

After seeing my first Juno in casual attire, a client contacted me to commission a Juno for himself. I asked if he would mind if I made her in her tank top. (As a rule, I never exactly duplicate a piece as I consider each of them to be a unique piece of art.) In the end, he couldn't make up his mind so he commissioned both; one in a jacket and one in a tank top.
Photobucket
Sculpting her tank topped torso was a major task but I'm happy with the result. I'd like to redo this version at some point as I prefer the ball jointed elbows that most figures are using these days.
Photobucket
"Hey baby, check out my red lightsaber."
"Honey, I've been from one end of this galaxy to the other and let me tell you, I've seen much redder lightsabers."
Photobucket
Here's an "in progress" pic on my work table. The one on on the left is in the middle of being sanded and the one on the right is pre-sanding. You can see that Juno's "perkiness" was of great concern. ;-) (Pay no attention to the Mon Mothma torso standing-in as a head support.)

Hope you enjoyed these pics and this little sneak peak into my creative world. Until next time, I remain the "Insidious One."

1 comment:

Like what you see? Share your thoughts!