Thursday, May 20, 2010

Selene from Underworld Custom Action Figure Art

As far as Vampire movies go, Underworld is one of my favorites. It has vampires, werewolves, Hong Kong style action scenes, chooses prosthetics and puppets over CG, and stars badass Kate Beckinsale in a skin-tight vinyl bodysuit and corset.

I've literally been waiting to do this figure for over a year. I first got the bug when I discovered Tri-Gate Creations once offered a "female vampire hunter" torso that looked strikingly similar to Selene's in the movie. Unfortunately, every time they made it available, it sold out before I could get one. So rather than keep waiting, I took matters into my own hands...
Photobucket

Photobucket
The parts are a combination of five different figures. (Can you spot them?) The torso is heavily modded requiring me to dremel down the waist details and sculpt the lower half of the corset.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I used a glossy varnish on some areas and a matte varnish on others really makes the black on black details of this figure stand out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Finally, I couldn't resit having some fun with her and using some other figures and props.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hope you dig her. If you'd like to commission your own custom piece of action figure art, contact me at Eric@insidious1.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Share your thoughts!